Steven Guthknecht is a taxation lawyer and was called to the Paris Bar in 2008.
Steven assists French and international groups with all aspects of tax, both in an advisory capacity and with litigation, in various sectors of activity (energy, real estate, mass retail etc.).
He also advises his clients (companies and groups) on the management of their tax strategy.
The scope of his intervention notably includes :
- review and optimization of taxable tax result (company result and group result);
- advice on exceptional transactions and restructuring (acquisitions, disposals, mergers, TUP [complete transfer of assets and liabilities under French law], partial mergers);
- deficit management;
- international taxation (flow management, optimization of results and vehicles, options for establishment);
- taxation of transactions;
- implementation of acquisition and financing vehicles (tax consolidation, treatment of debt and acquisition costs, optimization of debt ratios);
- due diligence (sell-side / buy-side);
- post-transaction structuring (tax consolidation, management and optimization of debt ratios, refinancing, deficit management, setting up intra-group relations, requests for approvals);
- everyday advice on French and international tax issues for groups;
- assistance with tax inspections and follow-up of tax disputes.
Steven holds a Master 2 Professional in Tax Law degree from the University of Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas.
Before joining Qualiens in January 2019, as a partner, Steven was a senior lawyer in the Tax Law Department of Room Avocats, which he had joined in 2017 after several years of experience, including Norton Rose (from 2008 to 2009), Arsene Taxand (from 2009 to 2015) and Pinsent Masons (from 2015 to 2017).
Steven is also a member of the Room Avocats network.