The dedicated Qualiens team advises businesses (SMEs, ETIs or large groups), financial institutions, funds and investment companies on all aspects of their mergers, external growth, transfers/acquisitions of securities or assets, acquisition of majority or minority stakes, business transfers and takeovers, joint ventures etc.
As its lawyers have international training, Qualiens regularly advises foreign clients to assist them with the implementation of their projects and operations in France.
The Qualiens team has developed renowned expertise in the following areas:
- legal, social and tax due diligence, Data Room preparation and Vendor Due Diligence;
- the optimisation of the legal structure of an operation and its financing;
- tax models;
- preliminary restructuring (trimming, carve out);
- negotiating contractual documentation (non-disclosure agreement, letter of intent, disposal agreement, shareholders’ agreement, asset and liability guarantee and other guarantees, financing, in particular in the case of leveraged structures);
- negotiating approvals with the tax authorities (request for tax rulings, transfer of deficit, application of the preferential regime to certain complex transactions);
- negotiating the financing documentation and related security interests;
- managing social operations (information of employees, information and consultation of employee representatives, contact with administrative authorities, etc.);
- managing the required administrative or regulatory authorizations;
- obtaining merger control authorizations in cooperation with our partners;
- the implementation of integration processes after a merger or acquisition; and
- monitoring post-acquisition operations and resolving conflicts and disputes that may arise from them (implementation of asset and liability guarantees).
- Contact: Quentin Fournier – Agnès Aknin Erovic – Steven Guthknecht